- B5 +20%RRP
- Full time 37.5 Hours/Week
- St Helier Hospital
- £26,682 to £34,049 pa inc HCAS + 20% RRP
- 20/12/2018 23:59
Clinical Coding Team Leader x 3 including recruitment & retention premium of 20% of basic pay (please note recruitment and retention pay is reviewed yearly)
NOTE: Experienced Clinical Coders who do not hold the ACC are welcome to apply but will only be considered for a Band 4 Clinical Coder role with a salary of: £23,809 - £27,022 inclusive of HCAS. In addition we are currently paying a recruitment & retention premium of 20% of basic pay for this post too (reviewed yearly).
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Coding Team at Epsom & St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Clinical Coder to join our Clinical Coding Team. You will be responsible for the abstraction of clinical data from patient records and translating it into diagnostic and procedure coding classifications.
- Applicants for this post must possess the ACC, National Clinical Coding qualification (NCCQ) and:
- be flexible in your approach, be able to work as part of a team and to tight deadlines without close supervision
- have a good knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- have experience of clinical coding in a wide range of specialities in an acute NHS setting
- have experience of ICD-10 and OPCS-4.8 (current version)
The Trust offers a flexible approach to varied working patterns to suit staff needs. Full ongoing training and support will be provided.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Coding Manager: Carol Jane Manicad, ACC on 020 8296 2496
If you have problems applying, contact